India vs Australia ODI series 2023

Explosive Face-Off: India vs. Australia ODI Series 2023 – Unleash the Squad’s Dominance! Where to Witness the Action!

India vs Australia : Gear Up for Intense ODI Clash

As the highly anticipated ODI series 2023 approaches, India and Australia are preparing for a thrilling face-off that will set the stage for the World Cup opener in Chennai. Let’s delve into the squads, strategies, and key players as they vie for supremacy.

INDIA vs AUSTRALIA ODI series 2023 India squad Australia Squad
INDIA vs AUSTRALIA ODI series 2023 (photo by mykhel)

India’s Middle-Order Conundrum

While India basks in the glory of their recent Asia Cup triumph, they face the challenge of fine-tuning their squad. Notably, star players Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, and Hardik Pandya will sit out the initial games to avoid overexertion and injuries before the World Cup. The spotlight falls on India’s middle-order, especially Shreyas Iyer, who’s returning from a back injury. The team hopes he can resolve their middle-overs struggles against spin bowling.

Australia’s Comeback Trail

Australia enters the series fresh from a hard-fought 3-2 series loss in South Africa. They welcome back Pat Cummins and Steve Smith from injuries, but Mitchell Starc’s absence due to groin soreness is a setback. Moreover, Glenn Maxwell and Ashton Agar, on paternity leave, are yet to join the squad. Australia aims to strengthen their plans and maintain their winning streak at the venue, having won five consecutive matches there.

Odi series 2023 India vs Australia
Odi series 2023 India vs Australia (photo by finder)

Battle of the Spinners

The return of veteran off-spinner R. Ashwin to the Indian ODI squad adds intrigue. Alongside Washington Sundar, they could challenge India’s spin-bowling hierarchy, currently led by Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja. This series might force India to rethink their third-choice spinner for the World Cup.

India vs Australia: The Power of Numbers

Historical statistics reveal that batting first holds the advantage. India, with a 41% winning chance, faces off against Australia’s 59%. These numbers set the stage for a fierce competition.

Explosive Face-Off: India vs. Australia ODI Series 2023 - Unleash the Squad's Dominance! Where to Witness the Action!
Last four meet-up: India Squad and Australia Squad (photo by finder)

Meet the Squads

India Squad for Australia:-

KL Rahul (c, wk), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Tilak Varma, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja (vc), Ravichandran Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Shardul Thakur, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Prasidh Krishna, Washington Sundar.

Australia Squad for India:-

Pat Cummins (c), David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Josh Inglis, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Alex Carey (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Cameron Green, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Ellis, Sean Abbott, Matthew Short, Spencer Johnson, Tanveer Sangha.

India vs Australia ODI series 2023
Exciting clash between supporters for India vs Australia ODI series 2023 (photo by finder)

Exciting Cricket Clash: India vs. Australia 1st ODI – Live Streaming Info

India and Australia are set to ignite their ODI World Cup preparations with a thrilling three-match series, commencing this Friday in Mohali. India, fresh from their triumphant Asia Cup 2023 campaign, stands as the team to beat, while Australia seeks redemption after a 2-3 defeat in South Africa.

The much-anticipated IND vs AUS 1st ODI is scheduled for Friday, September 22, with the action beginning at 1:30 PM IST. The battleground for this showdown is none other than the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium in Mohali, Chandigarh.

Explosive Face-Off: India vs. Australia ODI Series 2023 - Unleash the Squad's Dominance! Where to Witness the Action!
Excited friends watching a match on a Live streaming platform. Male fans are enjoying drinks and snacks. They are partying at home. Photo by Getty images

For fans eager to catch the live action, the Sports18 Network will broadcast the IND vs AUS 1st ODI in real-time. Alternatively, on-the-go viewers can stream the match live via the JioCinema app. Get ready for a riveting clash between cricket giants as they gear up for the ODI World Cup!

In the coming weeks, cricket fans worldwide will eagerly watch how these squads perform in this thrilling India vs Australia ODI series 2023, which promises to be a tantalizing prelude to the World Cup.

Leave a Reply